|May I Help You? can assist you with
your OHSA compliance needs. Don’t wait to be inspected
- fines for not having a written Injury and Illness Prevention
Plan, including the Exposure Control Plan, can be huge.
Services that we provide:
Items that we provide:
- We will prepare the Injury and Illness Prevention
manual that includes an Exposure Control Plan. All
of the required information in the manual is site-specific
to your office.
- We will provide the initial Mandatory Quarterly
SB 198 Safe Work Practice training. For the remainder
of the first year, we will send you a reminder when
it is time for your office to have a quarterly inspection
and SB 198 training, and we will provide a package
of training documents so that you may continue to
provide this training to your staff four times a year.
- We will provide Bloodborne Pathogen training. The
class will cover OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen
Standard as well as the California Dental Board’s
Minimum Standard for infection control.
Additional items that we provide:
- Copies of the following documents:
- “Standards for Protection Against Radiation”
- “Radiation Safety Instructions”
- “Radiation Safety in Dental Practice and
excerpts from the California Radiation Control
- “Infection Control for X-Rays”
- Employee medical record file folders (one for each
employee plus several extras), which include:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (HBV) Consent/Immunization
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (HBV) Declination Form
- An Exposure Incident file that includes:
- All appropriate forms.
- A flowchart of what to do in case of an exposure
incident, and all follow-up procedures.
- A copy of the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard (plus
an additional copy to post in the office).
- Employee Training Manual:
- OSHA requires that you provide training for
new and temporary employees before they enter
into your office where Bloodborne Pathogens or
Hazardous Chemicals are a possible risk.
- This manual is designed to help you train your
staff, providing suggestions for training and
instructions for record keeping.
- Training must include: Office Safety, Bloodborne
Pathogen and Hazard Communication Training at
the initial time of hire and annually thereafter.
- The Employee Training Manual is an excellent
tool designed to help you thoroughly yet quickly
provide the required training for new or temporary
- Necessary OSHA and Labor Posters including a copy
of the BBP Standard. (Posters are filled out for you
and laminated for easy care).
- Additional required and any additional personalized
- A complete and accurate office map. (Framed and
ready to hang.)
- Basic employee first aid kit and a ventilation protective
- An employee complaint box with copies of all anonymous
- Spill kit for a biohazardous or chemical spill includes
required spill procedure.
- Scrap amalgam container including instructions.
- Outdated Pharmaceutical container.
- Container for lead foil.
- A complete list of items that may need to be purchased
or repaired to ensure that the office is in compliance.
- Offices with 10 or more employees receive Ergonomics
Ergonomic and Tuberculosis Standard and training in
- Offices with 10 or more employees receive Prop.
65 posters and information.
We will assist you in the following areas:
- We will assist in reviewing your MSDS notebook and
show your assistant how to update it.
- We will review your Spore Test manual and assist
in updating present records.
- We will review your Hazardous/Medical waste tracking
documents and assist in updating present records.
- We will advise regarding a physician to handle exposure
- We will contact Health Department Radiology to make
sure that your x-ray permits are current.
- We will contact the Environmental Health Department
in your county to make sure that have your Medical
and Hazardous Waste permits and that they are current.
- We will contact the Pressure Vessel office to make
sure that your compressor has the required permit.
All compressors larger than 1½ cubic feet must
have a permit to operate.
Our complimentary initial consultation is usually 1
hour. When we return to your office 3 to 4 weeks after
the initial visit, we will need about 3 hours with you
and your entire staff. Offices that have 10 or more
employees the training session will require 3½
hours. At that time we will provide the quarterly SB
198 safety training and the required annual Bloodborne
Pathogen training, and review the contents of the Injury
and Illness Prevention Plan. We will provide 3 CEU’s
for the 3 hours of training. Only employees with exposure
or possible exposure are required to attend the BBP
training, but all must attend the SB 198 training. And
finally, we will need approximately one hour with the
Safety Manager to provide additional instructions for
maintaining the manuals and proper record keeping.
Once we have completed our second visit and have provided
the necessary training, we continue to work closely
with you and your staff.
Each Quarter for the first year, you will receive a
Quarterly Inspection package with complete instructions.
We will also perform any necessary updates to your manuals;
simply fax us the corrections.
By the end of your year, you and your staff will be
comfortable with all areas of compliance and will be
able to stay in compliance.
May I Help You? not only handles your OSHA Compliance
needs, we also customize our service to the needs of